Thursday, April 09, 2009

Silver Shining

Brad (our pastor) recently preached a sermon that really touched me, inspired me, to write the lyrics to a song. I did not have a tune, but my friend Rachel helped me out with that.



"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed..." portion from 2 Cor 4:7-15

I am a clay vessel with many cracks & blemishes
I can't hold water so broken into pieces am I

I am a clay vessel created for your glory
So short I fall useless from my guilt and shame

Fill me, use me, shape me
Blot out my stains reform me

One day I'll be silver shining
Reflecting your glory
Whole and clean by your mercy
Reflecting your glory
In perfect unity

Make me a clay vessel useful for your glory
Fill me, Spirit, the perfect and the blameless one

L Hoseley/R Wilhelm 2009

No comments: