Monday, February 02, 2009

I really hate spiders and other stuff.

One of the hardest things about winter for me is all the creepy crawlies I have to contend with. I'm really grateful for our cats because they keep the mice at bay. But ugh the spiders. I get up in the morning and they are there in the kitchen sink. My father in law thinks they climb up from the pipes from the sewer which is funny since we have a well and septic tank. I wonder if he ever thought about them just crawling across the counter and into the sink? :-) Anyway they're easily flushed down the drain (where they came from?) but I just really grow so tired of their early morning visits.

Tax time is coming. Well it's here, really. Truly can't stand getting ready for them and doing them but love the rebate. A love hate relationship with the taxes. I told #1 child tonight that her blank 1040EZ form came and she gawked at me and said, huh? the what? I said your 1040EZ, I'll help you figure it out and do it. She said why, what's it fer Ma. Well my dear, you have to report your income to the IRS, it's the law. Blank stare. Seriously?--that's dumb, she says. I grinned.

I've been looking for a job. Unsuccessful so far. When I was YOUNG I used to go for a job and get it. Welcome to middle age. My last 17 years of teaching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, organizing, chauffering, managing --these things don't mean that much in the "real" world.

I miss my husband. Really hate that. We all need him home and how. Looking forward to his permanent return.

On the brighter side now. So, things I'm looking forward to. My husband coming home, spring -- well, summer really -- school to be out so we can sleep in, sunshine, outdoors and long summer days, and singing with my band more.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I agree about the spiders... we have these nasty camel crickets here that are beyond disgusting. In my old house they would come up from the crawl space every morning, yuk!

NattaScatta said...

want to come over and scrapbook sometime, just you and me? it would be fun. and we don't have any spiders. and i'll hide the tax forms.

Laura said...

Em, camel crickets? Yuck! Did they have a bump to store extra water?
Natalie, you don't have spiders? Wow, how'd you manage that. Sure I'd scrap, sounds fun.

NattaScatta said...

not really sure why we don't have any... but i haven't seen any inside in a really long time!

Lisa said...

I like spiders.

Laura said...

Lisa I can always count on you to be twisted in some fashion. But alas, you make me smile.